Legal Status, Race/Ethnicity, and Health Disparities
- Haro, A.Y., Kuhn, R., Rodriguez, M.A. et al. Beyond Occupational Hazards: Abuse of Day Laborers and Health. J Immigrant Minority Health 22, 1172–1183 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-020-01094-3
- Haro-Ramos, A.Y., Rodriguez, H.P., 2021. Immigration Policy Vulnerability Linked to Adverse Mental Health Among Latino Day Laborers. J Immigrant Minority Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-021-01254-z
- Velarde Pierce, S., Haro, A.Y., Ayón, C., Enriquez, L.E., 2021. Evaluating the Effect of Legal Vulnerabilities and Social Support on the Mental Health of Undocumented College Students. Journal of Latinos and Education 20, 246–259. https://doi.org/10.1080/15348431.2021.1949990
- Bacong, A.M., Haro-Ramos, A.Y. Willingness to Receive the COVID-19 Vaccine in California: Disparities by Race and Citizenship Status. J. Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-022-01468-3
- Haro-Ramos, AY, Bacong, AM, 2022. Prevalence and risk factors of food insecurity among
Californians during the COVID-19 pandemic: Disparities by immigration status and ethnicity.
Preventive Medicine 164, 107268. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2022.107268
- Haro-Ramos, A.Y., Bacong, A, Rodriguez, H.P., 2023. COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Among Californians and the Role of Racial Discrimination and Area-Level Social Vulnerability. In press in AJPM Focus.
- Haro-Ramos AY, Brown TT, Deardorff J, Aguilera A, Pollack Porter K, Rodriguez HP. Frontline Work and Racial Disparities in Social and Economic Pandemic Stressors During the First COVID-19 Surge. Health Services Research. 2023; 1-12. doi:10.1111/1475-6773.14136
Digital Health Interventions
- Aguilera, A., Hernandez-Ramos, R., Haro-Ramos, A.Y., Boone, C.E., Luo, T.C., Xu, J., Chakraborty, B., Karr, C., Darrow, S., Figueroa, C.A., 2021. A Text Messaging Intervention (StayWell at Home) to Counteract Depression and Anxiety During COVID-19 Social Distancing: Pre-Post Study. JMIR Mental Health 8, e25298. https://doi.org/10.2196/25298
- Haro-Ramos, A., Rodriguez, H.P., Aguilera, A., 2022. Effectiveness and Implementation of a Text Messaging Intervention to Reduce Depression and Anxiety Symptoms Among Latinx and White Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Iproceedings 8, e39309. https://doi.org/10.2196/39309
Non-Peer Review (Policy Briefs and Reports)
- Haro, A.Y., Chavarin-Rivas, J, Pattabhiraman, P. Protecting California’s Essential Workforce During the COVID-19 Emergency. Berkeley, Calif.: California Initiative for Health Equity & Action. 2020.
- Haro, A.Y. California’s Farmworkers: Essential and at Risk. Berkeley, Calif.: California Initiative for Health Equity & Action. 2020.
- Haro, A.Y., Garcia, G. Documenting Workplace Abuses Experienced by Day Laborers in the East San Francisco Bay Area. Berkeley, Calif.: California Initiative for Health Equity & Action. 2020.
- Haro, A.Y. (2020). Essential but Expendable: Undocumented Workers Deserve their Dream. Berkeley Interdisciplinary Migration Initiative, Opinion Piece.
- Mora, G. C., Schickler, E., Haro A.Y., Rodriguez, H. (2020). IGS Press Release. Support for a Single-Payer Health Care System to Address Disasters & Pandemics.
- Mora, G. C., Schickler, E., Haro A.Y. (2020) IGS Press Release. Broad Support for Farmworker Protections in COVID-19 Context.
- Mora, G. C., Schickler, E., Haro A.Y., (2020) IGS Press Release. California Voters Strongly Divided About President Trump’s Attribution of COVID-19 to China.